Service Area Commissioner Resources
The mission of the Rural Services Division is to provide supervision and operational support to road/sewer/street light service areas. Assist in administrative and procurement functions. Provide engineering, contract management, mapping and technical services.
In person Service Area Commissioner training will resume in January 2022! Sign up is REQUIRED as class size will be extremely limited to maintain social distancing.
January training is focused on service area budgets! There will be an overview of the service area budget system, scenarios on when changes may need to be made and how to submit those changes. This training would be particuarly useful for chairs wishing to learn more about the budget process and how to fill out and submit the annual budget worksheet.
Trainings are scheduled for January 20th, 21st, 26th, 27th & 28th from Noon - 1pm and January 20th & 27th from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
Sign up by clicking the button below or calling our office at 459-1223!
- Annexation and Boundary Change Application.pdf
- Budget Transfer.pdf
- District Council Representative Appointment (PDF)
- Invoice Approval.pdf
- Meeting Agenda Template (DOCX)
- Meeting Minutes Template (1) (DOCX)
- Meeting Minutes Template (2)(DOCX)
- Meeting Sign In Sheet Template.pdf
- Non-Road Commissioner Application.pdf
- Project Submittal Request.pdf
- Public Meeting Request.pdf
- Purchase Order - Change Request.pdf
- Revolving Loan Fund Application (PDF)
- Road Commissioner Application.pdf
- Sign Request.pdf
- Tax Cap Request.pdf
- Work Order.pdf
Commission Reference Documents
- 2018 Edition Service Area Commissioner Handbook (PDF)
- Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) Board and Commission Policy (PDF)
- Mailbox Stand Location and Design (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Drawings (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Operating Procedure (PDF)
- Standard Specification for Local Road Maintenance (PDF)
- Driveway Construction Details.pdf
- What Your Service Area Needs To Know Winter 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Fall 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know May 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Spring 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Winter 2020
- The Road Review Winter 2021
- Road Review Summer 2021
- The Road Review Fall 2020
- The Road Review Spring 2020