Service Area Commissioner Resources
The mission of the Rural Services Division is to provide supervision and operational support to road/sewer/street light service areas. Assist in administrative and procurement functions. Provide engineering, contract management, mapping and technical services.
COMMISSIONER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
In person Service Area Commissioner training is available on a monthly basis. Topics vary each month and are designed to assist commissioners with successfully operating their service areas.
Sign up is REQUIRED as class size is limited.
August will have two separate training opportunities. The first is a special training focused on Service Area Grant Project Request Submittal. This training will focus on how to fill out and submit the required project request form, go over deadlines and requirements, discuss the scoring matrix and the timeline for the grant process.
There are numerous training sessions available, however commissioners only need to attend one session.
August trainings for Service Area Grant Project Request Submittal are being held on August 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 9th, 11th & 12th from Noon -1:00pm and August 3rd & 10th from 5:30pm - 6:30pm.
The second training opportunity available in August is on the Service Area Tax Cap. This training focuses on understanding the Tax Cap, why a service area may want to adjust the Tax Cap, requesting a Tax Cap Election and the timelines associated with Tax Cap adjustment.
There are numerous training sessions available, however commissioner only need to attend one session.
August trainings for Service Area Tax Cap are being held on August 23rd, 24th & 25th from Noon- 1:00pm and August 24th & 25th from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
Please contact our office to schedule a one on one training session if these times do not work with your schedule. Additional training times can be scheduled if needed.
Sign up by clicking the button below or calling our office at 459-1223!
- Annexation and Boundary Change Application.pdf
- Budget Transfer.pdf
- District Council Representative Appointment (PDF)
- Invoice Approval.pdf
- Meeting Agenda Template (DOCX)
- Meeting Minutes Template (1) (DOCX)
- Meeting Minutes Template (2)(DOCX)
- Meeting Sign In Sheet Template.pdf
- Non-Road Commissioner Application.pdf
- Project Submittal Request (PDF)
- Public Meeting Request (PDF)
- Purchase Order - Change Request.pdf
- Revolving Loan Fund Application (PDF)
- Road Commissioner Application.pdf
- Sign Request.pdf
- Tax Cap Request.pdf
- Work Order.pdf
Commission Reference Documents
- 2018 Edition Service Area Commissioner Handbook (PDF)
- Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) Board and Commission Policy (PDF)
- Mailbox Stand Location and Design (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Drawings (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Operating Procedure (PDF)
- Standard Specification for Local Road Maintenance (PDF)
- Driveway Construction Details.pdf
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know - Spring 2022
- What Your Service Area Needs To Know Winter 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Fall 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know May 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Spring 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Winter 2020
- The Road Review Winter 2021
- Road Review Summer 2021
- The Road Review Fall 2020
- The Road Review Spring 2020