Service Area Commissioner Resources
The mission of the Rural Services Division is to provide supervision and operational support to road/sewer/street light service areas. Assist in administrative and procurement functions. Provide engineering, contract management, mapping and technical services.
In person Service Area Commissioner training will resume in January 2022! Sign up is REQUIRED as class size will be extremely limited to maintain social distancing.
June commissioner training is focused on Insurance and Risk in relation to contractors, commissioners and service areas. All service area commissioners are encouraged to attend. Commissioners only need to attend one session.
June trainings are being held on June 22nd, 23rd & 24th from Noon -1:00pm and June 24th from 5:30pm - 6:30pm.
Please contact our office to schedule a one on one training session if these times do not work with your schedule. Additional training times can be scheduled if needed.
Sign up by clicking the button below or calling our office at 459-1223!
- Annexation and Boundary Change Application.pdf
- Budget Transfer.pdf
- District Council Representative Appointment (PDF)
- Invoice Approval.pdf
- Meeting Agenda Template (DOCX)
- Meeting Minutes Template (1) (DOCX)
- Meeting Minutes Template (2)(DOCX)
- Meeting Sign In Sheet Template.pdf
- Non-Road Commissioner Application.pdf
- Project Submittal Request.pdf
- Public Meeting Request.pdf
- Purchase Order - Change Request.pdf
- Revolving Loan Fund Application (PDF)
- Road Commissioner Application.pdf
- Sign Request.pdf
- Tax Cap Request.pdf
- Work Order.pdf
Commission Reference Documents
- 2018 Edition Service Area Commissioner Handbook (PDF)
- Fairbanks North Star Borough (FNSB) Board and Commission Policy (PDF)
- Mailbox Stand Location and Design (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Drawings (PDF)
- Roadside Signs - Standard Operating Procedure (PDF)
- Standard Specification for Local Road Maintenance (PDF)
- Driveway Construction Details.pdf
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know - Spring 2022
- What Your Service Area Needs To Know Winter 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Fall 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know May 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Spring 2021
- What Your Service Area Needs to Know Winter 2020
- The Road Review Winter 2021
- Road Review Summer 2021
- The Road Review Fall 2020
- The Road Review Spring 2020