Stay Connected with the Assembly
Operational Status of the Mona Lisa Drexler Assembly Chambers
Regular, special, and committee meetings of the Assembly are conducted in-person and by zoom or zoom-only with consideration given to the Borough Operational Status and if the Juanita Helms Administration Center is otherwise open to the public, as outlined in the Modifications and/or Waivers of FNSB Code Provisions Governing Assembly and Board of Equalization Public Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic (PDF).
Participating in Assembly Meetings During COVID-19
- Sign-up for telephonic participation at regular and special Assembly meetings is available by completing the form on this page or by calling or visiting the Clerk's office during normal business hours. Sign-up for the Assembly Regional Emergency Services Advisory Committee and the Assembly Road Service Area Committee is available by calling or visiting the Clerk's office no later than 5 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- These procedures are subject to change. Please check this page often and prior to attending an Assembly meeting or work session.
How to Listen to Assembly Meetings
There are 3 ways to listen to Assembly meetings:
The Assembly is conducting its meetings via Zoom. Citizens may listen by using the links below. These links are updated routinely to reflect any upcoming meetings.
- Finance Committee and Committee of the Whole Worksession on January 20, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
- Special Committee of the Whole Worksession on January 25, 2022 at 5:30 p.m.
All regular, special, Finance Committee and Committee of Whole meetings of the Assembly are live-streamed through FNSB Live Webcasts.
All regular Assembly meetings are broadcast on KUAC Radio 89.9 FM live at 7 p.m.
How to Obtain Agendas, Resolutions, and Ordinances
Agendas and copies of all resolutions and ordinances remain available online in the Agenda Center at least one week prior to each meeting. Paper copies of agendas, resolutions, and ordinances are available on meeting days at the front entrance of the JHAC or in the lobby if the facility is open to the public.
How to Provide Testimony
Telephonic Testimony During Regular and Special Assembly Meetings
To sign up for telephonic testimony, call the Borough Clerk's Office at 907-459-1401 once the agenda has been published, or complete the Sign-Up for Telephonic Testimony form.
To complete the form, enter your first and last name, email address, phone number for the Clerk to call you during the meeting, and subject. Subjects are:
- Citizens' Comments A
- Citizens' Comments B
- Ordinance/Resolution Number, Liquor License Number, or Marijuana License Number for Public Hearing Items
Note: As always, citizen comments are not available during Finance Committee meetings and Committee of the Whole work sessions.
What to Expect When Testifying Telephonically
Public testimony will be heard from citizens in the order in which they have signed up. The Clerk will call citizens who have signed up to testify at the phone numbers provided when it is their turn to speak. If you have signed up, then the call you receive will come from an out-of-state number. You will hear an automated voice asking you to press the number "1" to join the meeting.
Once you are placed into the meeting, the Presiding Officer will ask that you state your name, spell your last name, and provide your neighborhood or place of residence for the record. Then your 3 minutes will begin.
Please note: If you do not answer the phone, then we will move to the next person on the list.
Current Meeting Agenda
When signing up to testify telephonically, indicate in the subject line either Citizens' Comments A, Citizens' Comments B, or a specific public hearing item.
- Citizens' Comments A: Citizen may speak on agenda items not scheduled for public hearing:
- Contract Awards
- New Business - Resolutions
- New Business - Ordinances to be Referred to Committees or Commissions
- New Business - Ordinances to be Introduced and Advanced to Public Hearing
- Citizens' Comments B: Citizen may speak on any matter not appearing on the agenda.
- Public Hearing:
- Liquor Licenses
- Marijuana Licenses
- Resolutions and Ordinances Scheduled for Public Hearing